Joss Mathieson is an executive coach who helps leaders to think boldly and lead with courage in the context of constant change. He has extensive experience operating at the Board and Executive level, having been a trusted adviser to senior leaders in global organizations for more than 25 years. He has served as a strategic thought partner to CEOs, divisional leaders and general managers across several sectors.
Building on his deep know-how in communication, culture and organizational behavior, Joss uses his expertise in managing change to help leaders thrive in a world that is always changing. In his coaching practice he leverages his own experience as a member of management teams and as a leader at global companies including Barclays and GlaxoSmithKline.
Joss works on the principle that organizations don’t change – people do. Intuitive, insightful and inspiring, Joss understands the demands facing leaders and organizations today. Change is everywhere and it’s accelerating – success is not a foregone conclusion. Joss has coached many leaders to navigate enormous change and achieve their goals including launching business strategies, driving cultural change, restructuring and integration following mergers and acquisitions.
He strives to embody the mantra, ‘Don’t worry, be happy’, particularly when coaching his teenage son’s soccer team. His dream is to own an Alpine chalet.
Break Through Business Results
Balancing curiosity and pragmatism, Joss supports his clients to discover transformative insights, greater clarity and the courage to step out of their comfort zone to create amazing results.
- An Executive VP was struggling to work effectively with his boss, the CEO. Coaching revealed his biases and assumptions enabling him to adopt a fresh perspective towards his boss and peers. This led to greater trust, engagement and life balance while supporting his group to deliver record growth in a challenging market.
- Supported senior leader stepping up to greater responsibilities. Coaching built confidence, the courage to be authentic and a clarity of vision that helped inspire his team and peers. Collaboration improved enabling alignment around a strategy that yielded stronger relationships with customers, investors and colleagues.
- Coached Senior Vice President in a consulting firm who was experiencing high levels of stress at work and struggling to sleep. Explored his personal values and motivations, helped him reset personal and professional boundaries and empower his team to deliver greater impact for clients.
- Newly appointed Communications Director. Impostor syndrome and perfectionism were sapping her productivity. Coaching helped her identify her unique value to the organization, boosting her confidence. As a result, she secured senior executive support for strategic campaigns that uplifted the company's brand and reputation.
For more information, please click:
- Executive Coaching
- Communication & Engagement
- Culture & Change
- Executive Presence & Gravitas
- Strategy Development
- Brand, Communications & Marketing
- Consumer Goods
- Financial Services
- Management Consulting
- Real Estate (Commercial)
- Supply Chain
- BSc Property & Finance – Bayes Business School, London
- Executive Coaching – Henley Business School, UK
- Break Through Consulting Business Results Coaching Certification
- Executive Coach – Break Through Consulting
- Global Head, Employee Engagement – GlaxoSmithKline
- Head, Strategy Communications – Barclays
- Director, Corporate Real Estate Services – Cushman & Wakefield