Dr. Lee Smith is a pioneer in the executive coaching profession and is passionate about optimizing executive education, leadership development and performance in the individual leader as well as his or her team. Lee uses the innovative Break Through Consulting Coaching process developed specifically to assist professionals, business leaders, CEOs, Boards of Directors and their organizations to achieve breakthrough results.
With Lee as an agent of change, hundreds of leaders have broken through personal and professional roadblocks to grow to the next level of performance and have discovered new energy and enthusiasm to more creatively address the issues they face in our rapidly changing world.
Prior to joining Break Through Consulting, Lee served many years with Sun Oil Company as Director of Professional Development. During her tenure she developed and led some of the first processes for successor/mentor relationships for professional and leadership development. With a PhD in Organizational Behavior from the University of Texas at Denton, and a BS in Business, Dr. Smith holds one of the first international certifications as Master Certified Coach with the International Coach Federation and has served on various Boards of universities and coach training organizations.
Lee's coaching is credited with supporting:
- The outgoing CEO of a large commercial real estate company and his successor transitioning into the CEO role. While holding strong technical skills, the successor's leadership skills were lacking. The coaching process began with tough 360-feedback and an ambitious development plan resulting in strong commitment by the successor. Success of the coaching initiative was measured by the strength of loyalty and trust conveyed and transferred to the successor, thus preserving the brand for the future of the organization, stronger now by the depth of leadership.
- A newly-hired division President who was brought into the organization to lead a major business turnaround. Coaching supported him when his leadership behavior and communication prevented him from making progress with the existing team. Through coaching, he was able to foster the leadership relationships and develop needed strategies to successfully turn the business around with only 8% attrition, thereby preserving the division.
- A President of a global manufacturing company who began the coaching initiative for himself and his team in an economic downturn. By raising the levels of leadership with coaching in the executive team, the company was able to strategically shift the customer base, align the team with minimal silo-ing, and enter the upturn in the economic cycle with a maximized business position.
For more information, please click:
- Executive Coaching
- Hi-Potential Development
- Leadership & Board Development
- Succession Planning
- Team Facilitation
- Energy Resources
- Financial Services
- Real Estate
- PhD in Organizational Behavior - University of Texas at Denton
- MS in Education - University of Texas at Denton
- BS in Business - Abilene Christian University
- Break Through Consulting Business Results Coaching Certification
- ICF Master Certified Coach
- Certified Business Coach
- Winslow Personality Profile
- Legacy Leadership Competency Inventory 360
- Executive Coach - Break Through Consulting
- President - CoachWorks International
- Founder - CoachWorks Development Group
- Director Human Resources - Sunoco Energy Development Co.
- Board of Directors - Corporate Coach U
- Adjunct Professor - Northwest University & University of Texas Dallas
- Showcased Speaker at Conferences & National Organizational Meetings
- Host - Neuroscience of Coaching Summit
- Editorial Board - International Journal of Coaching in Organizations
- Articles for Strategy and Business, Washington CEO Magazine
- Co-Author of Legacy Leadership: The Leader's Guide to Lasting Greatness
- Featured in Newsweek, PBS Specials, the Dallas Morning News & Channel 5 News